Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's time to talk about your social networking...


Yeah, so, I use facebook to keep tabs with production people that I come in contact with on different jobs.  Not really fan of keep up with people from high school, but I gotta say it's great for job stuff.  Especially when your job requires lots of communication skills and people finding.  

I feel like gloating now because I took a shot on facebook to contact someone I know in LA to help this production I'm working for find a unit production manager.  A day or two later she texted me back telling me she was unavailable but knew some people who were and would recommend them.  As it turns out, one of the people she recommended got the job and is now my boss!  I'm really pumped now and will use facebook a lot more for actual "social networking" and not just the, "hey... um... do you remember me from high school?"  Technology is awesome.  From now on I'll keep most of my social networking site bashing to myspace and leave facebook alone.  Perhaps JS you should reactivate your account now...


No comments:

Post a Comment