Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ancestral Territorial Imperatives of the Trumpeter Swan


This may be one of the most amusing things I have come across in awhile. I work with computers everyday and more specifically I try to teach people how to use them. Most of the time, I find it hard to help people who have no jumping off point. To most folks, computer lingo is nothing more than hodge-podge of made up futuristic terms that have no real meaning to them. However, they are constantly confronting issues where understanding their computer would be helpful. For instance, backing up is a must for any person that owns a computer, but to someone who has never even opened an email attachment or even powered on a computer, backing up seems like an irksome and impossibly convoluted process. Generally I work exclusively with Apple computers, and whether you like them or not, Apple does a pretty good job at making the computing process approachable by even the layman. However, even the helpful tutorials on Apple's home page are still talking in "computer speak." I found this post at a blog called Ironic Sans, and found myself chuckling at this amusing computer manuel, and impressed by it. I could only imagine a world where the technology community spoke with such frankness. Here is the original link.

No comments:

Post a Comment